Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Crock Pot

 


Since I had an abundance of green peppers from my garden this year I decided to make Stuffed Pepper Soup. I changed up the recipie some, I used 6 green peppers, 2 lbs of ground beef, beef stock instead of chicken, and I had loads of my own tomatoes too so I diced them up and then only needed 1 can of diced tomatoes. You can also make a vegetarian version using no meat and vegtable broth instead. These photos are the before and after cooking. As you can see I used red onion instead of yellow as they were cheaper. I also used garlic from a jar that I had in fridge. Never be afraid to substitue and use the things you have on hand. 


Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup

If you loved stuffed peppers then stuffed pepper soup is up your alley! Great topped with cheese along with breadsticks, makes a hearty meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 hrs 20 mins
Total Time9 hrs

Equipment

  • Slow Cooker Size: 4 quart or larger

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. ground beef browned and crumbled on the stovetop and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper diced
  • 1 green bell pepper diced
  • 1 sweet yellow onion diced
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 30 oz. chicken broth (two-15-oz. cans) or about 4 cups
  • 15 oz. can tomato sauce (not paste, make sure it's sauce)
  • 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes do not drain
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 cup uncooked Minute Brand Rice WAIT TO ADD (Minute Rice is parboiled rice that is dried)

Optional topping:

  • Mozzarella cheese

Instructions

  • Add everything to the slow cooker EXCEPT THE RICE. Stir.
  • Place the lid on the slow cooker.
  • Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
  • When the cooking time is done add the uncooked minute rice. Stir.
  • Replace the lid and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes more.
  • Stir and serve.
  • Serve topped with mozzarella cheese if desired.

https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/wprm_print/30195

No comments:

Post a Comment